- If you inflate your ideas of reality and imagine the worst case scenario, then you lose sight of the genuine truth.
- Take humans’ fear of sharks, terrorism or plane crashes – statistically, these things will almost certainly never endanger you, and yet many are more afraid of these than they are of traffic accidents, despite them being much more likely to cause harm.
- If there’s a definite risk, the brain often exaggerates the probability.
- What is more than the truth is less true.
- Teach your brain to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
All of these blind spots we were talking about aren’t going to be cleared up overnight, but what’s important is that you’re aware of your brain’s limitations. With that in mind, let’s now look at the five ultimate truths in the following blog posts!
- Solve for Happy - Mo Gawdat