Things are and always will be changing, so relinquish your sense of control and go with the flow.
The world is always shifting, and in ways you can’t predict. Like Forrest Gump – who let himself get carried away regardless of what life’s box of chocolates threw at him – you need to open yourself up to the potential of change, and this is the second ultimate truth. Remember, it’s not about controlling your surroundings but controlling yourself. But how can you achieve this?
What should you do for happiness?
- Move away from your sense of control and join the flow.
- Open to change
- Do not control your environment, but yourself.
- Do not try to control every small change in your life, take a step back and let each event find its own natural balance.
- Try to balance life and work: enough work to get the feeling that you are doing something, but enough freedom to make it all worthwhile.
- Instead of offering hopeless resistance, you go along and let things find their balance.
- Also learn to focus on yourself and what you have, instead of comparing yourself with others.
- Before you suffer from the envy of something else, focus on what you do have.
- No effort is needed to keep systems in balance. If everything you do is effortless, you have found your path.
- Let everything find its natural balance.
- Live on the line where yin and yang meet.
- Find the way of least resistance.
- Live on the path.
- Only when we look down do we realize how privileged we are.
- Gratitude is a sure path to happiness
- Look down!
- Solve for Happy - Mo Gawdat