ULTIMATE TRUTH 3 - LOVE - SOLVE FOR HAPPY - MO GAWDAT
Unconditional love is the most important emotion, as it has no expectations, and therefore no disappointments.
The Beatles sang it. You probably already know it. And according to the author, it’s the third ultimate truth: all you need is love. So how can you make sure you’re getting it?
Let’s start by understanding that we’re talking about unconditional love. Unlike the popular image of love that you might see in a film – where people love because of something and get hurt when those reasons change – unconditional love simply is. It exists with no expectations and no conditions, hence its name. If you apply this to the happiness formula, there are no expectations to offset the reality – meaning it always leads to happiness!
Most other emotions are based on a thought of some kind. Whether it’s envy based – the thought that someone else has something you don’t – or conditional love, based on the thought that someone takes care of you, the emotion comes after the thought. If the thought changes – you no longer want what the person has or that special someone doesn’t look after you anymore – so does the emotion. On the other hand, unconditional love, like a mother’s love for her child, is the only emotion that exists independently of your thoughts. It’s simply a sensation of connection, affection, and appreciation.
So how do you fill your life with it? Well, it turns out that the more love you give, the more you get back, so it’s important to do loving things for others whenever you can. A Harvard Business School study found that when a selection of people was given money and told to either spend it on themselves or someone else, those who spent it on others felt happier by the end of the day than those who had spent it on themselves.
As long as you keep the love flowing, it will flourish. Think of it as a river compared to a still pond: the first is full of fresh and lively water, the other is stale and stagnant. Which would you rather be a part of?
What should you do for happiness?
- Let us begin to understand that we are talking about unconditional love.
- If you apply this to the happiness formula, there are no expectations that compensate reality, which means that it always leads to happiness! "Your happiness is equal to or greater than your perception of events less your expectations of life"
- Well, it turns out that the more love you give, the more you get back, so it's important to do loving things for others whenever you can.
- As long as your love flows, it will flourish.
- See it as a river compared to a silent pond: the first is full of fresh and lively water, the other is stale and stagnant. What would you rather be part of?
- Unconditional love is real. It is the only emotion that has not been ignored by thoughts in your head.
- Never have any expectations disappoint
- The true happiness of true love is giving love
- The more you give the more you get back
- Love is never wasted. The more you give it, the more you get back.
- Carefully remove the ego mask and love what comes out of that mask
- Love yourself because you do your best.
- I feel bad when you say something like that. I do not want people around me to take me down. So please stop it.
- I feel bad because of you and I deserve better!
- You - apart from your ego - deserve all love.
- Loving is all that you can give.
- Let life flow. Keep what you need, give away the rest.
- You get back in abundance what you give.
- Giving is the positive can of egoism. It makes the giver happy.
- Choose to be friendly instead of being right.
- Love is all you need.
- Solve for Happy - Mo Gawdat